Thursday, June 2, 2011

Changing REAR brakes on Frontier 2006 - disc?

Ok so I did the fronts last summer, other than a few bolt removal issues - no sweat.

Friend tells me, OH the backs are even easier.



NO!



I can't pull the rotor. Just figured out that there is an E BRAKE inside this rotor apparently?



So when I picked up the parts, I got the pads and the rotors, but not sure what I will need once I get inside?



The problem:

I can't pull the rotor off. It seems like the rear rotor is 'stuck' to the ebrake or something. The ebrake is OFF.

There is a hole in the rotor where maybe you would stick something in to release the ebrake but can't figure out how.



I pryed at this rotor for over an hour...I'm afraid I could have damaged or bent the ebrake components now!



HELP!Changing REAR brakes on Frontier 2006 - disc?
There is a mounting screw on the front of the rear rotor that must be removed before the rotor will come free. Also.. you will most likely require a piston reset tool for the rear brake. Its fairly easy to reset the piston on the front brakes but the rear ones can be a *****.Changing REAR brakes on Frontier 2006 - disc?
If you don't need to replace the parking brakes, don't. When you replace the pads on the rotor you need to remove the brake caliper, pull out the old pads and damper springs then squeeze the hydraulic caliper piston back into the caliper. When you change pads start from the right- rear wheel first then go to the left - rear wheel. This method is done because of the elimination of air in the brake hydraulic lines when replacing the pads. This is sort of an Inverse bleeding process.
  • thin hair
  • tvs
  •