Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I replace the wheel studs on my 2004 Dodge Durango?

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango.

Apparently when I had a tire place rotate and balance my tires they decided it was a good idea to use an impact gun on my tires and cross-threaded the lugnut to the stud. When I removed the lugnut to change the brakes I found this and now I know that I have to replace all 5 studs and lugnuts.

It is a 3.7L V6

Disc Brakes



I know that the caliper and caliper support have to be removed. I have done that. I am down to the wheel hub, but I'm not sure how to proceed. Thanks in advance.How do I replace the wheel studs on my 2004 Dodge Durango?
ok your down to the hub? take a punch and knock out the studs and start the new studs and use some flat washers on the new studs, put a lug nut on the new studs and draw it in with a ratchet and socket.How do I replace the wheel studs on my 2004 Dodge Durango?
http://autorepair.about.com/od/fixityourself/ss/wheel_stud_repl.htm

this should helpHow do I replace the wheel studs on my 2004 Dodge Durango?
Studs normally just pound out. Use a lug nut backwards with a washer to pull the new one in place. I'm not sure why you would have to do them all if one was damaged. Impact guns are a standard tool at any tire place.How do I replace the wheel studs on my 2004 Dodge Durango?
some studs are removal and some are not. some you have to buy a whole new assembly for it, this would be faster to do if u want it done with speed but money wise i doubt it, if u want to save money then be a good idea to try and remove the studs however like i said SOME can be removed so u need to make sure yours are that kind first, other wise you need a new hub, and lug nuts all together.How do I replace the wheel studs on my 2004 Dodge Durango?
You'll need to remove the rotor/hub assembly and drive the studs out with a hammer and punch. New studs can then be driven in the same way%26gt;How do I replace the wheel studs on my 2004 Dodge Durango?
some cars or trucks you have to remove the axle,then use a hammer to bang them out or there is a hole at the back of the hub you line up the stud with the hole then bang the stud out through the hole.How do I replace the wheel studs on my 2004 Dodge Durango?
there will be pieces looking like flattened nails with springs, you need to compress the springs twist off the retainer and wha la there it is