Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Co-Worker at Work has a Stuck Parking-Brake.. How does he Fix it?!?

He has a 1998 Dodge Caravan. Disc-Brakes in Front, Drums in Rear.

He Never uses his Parking-Brake.



Now, he Used it once, and it's STUCK!

He Drove home, and couldn't drive over 45 MPH.



He has Drum-Brakes in the Back, and those are the Brakes that are Stuck!! (Parking-Brakes are the Back Brakes)

I know it's nothing in the Front, because the Front-Wheels are Easy to Spin. The Back ones are Hard, and make a Creaking noise when moved.



Is this a Simple Fix, by Removing the Tire/Wheel and Drum-Cover?!?

Is it just a simple Rusted-part that needs Oiled %26amp; Greased, to Move?!?



I have 4-Wheel Discs on my Own Car, so I've never had this Happen to me Personally.

I pull My E-Brake every time I change my Motor Oil.

This guy NEVER uses his!



Let me Know what needs done. I mean, it's Got to be Simple to take Care of. I Replace Disc-Brakes for people on the Side. Drums are abit unknown to me.A Co-Worker at Work has a Stuck Parking-Brake.. How does he Fix it?!?
The cable that operates the drum parking brakes might be stuck somewhere( check if it moves freely under the car, by pulling on it, also check the inside through where tha brake cable goes)

Also check the cable and mechanism for the releasing of the parking brake



Good Luck



Let me know if this workedA Co-Worker at Work has a Stuck Parking-Brake.. How does he Fix it?!?
Lack of use causes them to seize. He will need wd-40, a hammer and some ingenuity.
  • drawing a circle
  • single beds
  •