Wednesday, September 14, 2011

If I were to choose a 360 small block engine, what changes and modifications would i need in my 65 dodge dart?

Im thinking of putting the 360 small block engine in my 1965 dodge dart. One of the people who answered my question mentioned changes I would have to make on the front %26amp; rear suspension, new disk brakes ect...



Can someone walk me through exactly what i would need to do? how much its going to cost?If I were to choose a 360 small block engine, what changes and modifications would i need in my 65 dodge dart?
Well the actual needed changes are small. But the %26quot;want to changes%26quot; are big. You need to change the motor mounts..Schumaker makes em. You may need to change the tranny to a 904 auto. Get the correct throttle linkage. Sure there may be some fuel lines, brackets, etc etc etc that need to be changed. Now for the wants. You may want to upgrade to a beefier suspension, you may want to upgrade the brakes for better stopping power, and may want to upgrade the ignition. It is a straight forward swap if you take your time. Try going to www.moparts.com They will help you out. Very knowledgable. Many have done that exact same swap, many times. Heck they may even be able to post some of there picks. Use them, they are a great resource for EVERYTHING you need or question you have.