Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to adjust disc brakes without affecting the lever modulation?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;



continuing from that question:



I have found out that the brake pads on my avid bb5's are rubbing on the rotor which is stopping the wheel from spinning freely, I can stop it from rubbing with the red dial, but when I do the lever becomes less responsive and you have to pull the brake lever harder for it to lock.



How can I stop the brake pads from touching the disc without it changing the power of the brake lever? is it possible that the pads will wear down on their own and the problem will stop by itself? or do I have to use another dial/adjuster?



ThanksHow to adjust disc brakes without affecting the lever modulation?
it will take a loooooonnnnnng time for the pads to wear in that far. See my other answer to this question before you go any further here!