Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Should I change my 2002 OZ Rally Lancer's rear drum brakes to disc brakes?

My lancer has drum brakes in the back. Not really sure if they are strong enough to stop the car once I get all the power added that I'm planning. I honestly assume they won't, but I read in articles where drum brakes are just fine, and others that say I should convert them. Also, if anyone happens to know, how much would it cost around to get it done at a mechanic's shop? (an average)

Thanks.Should I change my 2002 OZ Rally Lancer%26039;s rear drum brakes to disc brakes?
It would be very expensive and you would gain very little.

Over 80% of braking is done by the front brakes.Should I change my 2002 OZ Rally Lancer%26039;s rear drum brakes to disc brakes?
i agree, most of the breaking is done with front brakes. i got drum brakes on mine and it works fine.