Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I have a problem with my rear brakes on the passenger side caliper gets too hot and my pads are wearing quick?

how can i reduce the the extra wearing on my pads and my caliper from getting to hot i have bled my brakes i have no problems with the other side rear. this problem has only occured since i changed discs and pads.I have a problem with my rear brakes on the passenger side caliper gets too hot and my pads are wearing quick?
Sticky caliper a lot of people use copper grease on their calipers which can actually cause them to seize sometimes. There is a new lubricant avaliable it comes in small tubes its made by mintex and called cera tex any autoshop that stock mintex pads will be able to supply you with this.I have a problem with my rear brakes on the passenger side caliper gets too hot and my pads are wearing quick?
The slider pins are probably stuck, hence why they are getting hot and not %26quot;releasing%26quot;. Since the brakes only push from the piston side, if the caliper pins arent lubed, it will only push on that side. Sometimes they move and get stuck and dont release, sounds like it here. Dont use WD-40. Use silicone grease. It wont dry up and mixes with whatever else has been put in there before.



Take a rat tail file and clean the inside where the slider pins go and rinse with brake kleen. Blow out and re-grease. Be sure to get all the rust off. Do this every time you change your brakes.I have a problem with my rear brakes on the passenger side caliper gets too hot and my pads are wearing quick?
the only fix is a new caliper.I have a problem with my rear brakes on the passenger side caliper gets too hot and my pads are wearing quick?
Sticky caliper. The discs are not kicking the pads off.

Take it off again, remove the pads and gently peel back the rubber dust covers on the pistons. Now add a SMALL squirt of WD 40 to the pistons. (DON'T GO MAD. WD 40 %26amp; brakes are not a good mix) Depress the brake pedal to move the piston out then force the piston back in. Repeat until everything running smoothly.I have a problem with my rear brakes on the passenger side caliper gets too hot and my pads are wearing quick?
Definitely a sticky caliper.



My advice would be to fix it right, rather than any 'quick-easy-cheap' repair, but I may be just a little 'over the top' when it comes to brakes or steering.



Calipers aren't that expensive and don't do just the one side. Do everything with brakes in at least pairs. Replace both rear calipers.I have a problem with my rear brakes on the passenger side caliper gets too hot and my pads are wearing quick?
You did not state what type of car or how many miles, but you probably need to either lube your caliper slides or replace the caliper. Rebuilt calipers usually aren't very expensive.I have a problem with my rear brakes on the passenger side caliper gets too hot and my pads are wearing quick?
Sounds like you have a sticky calliper, you can try the WD40 route mentioned before. However some cars have a history of this type of problem, the VW Golf for example.

Ja.I have a problem with my rear brakes on the passenger side caliper gets too hot and my pads are wearing quick?
It could be a sticking caliper or a siezed/frayed handbrake cableI have a problem with my rear brakes on the passenger side caliper gets too hot and my pads are wearing quick?
replace caliperI have a problem with my rear brakes on the passenger side caliper gets too hot and my pads are wearing quick?
the side thats getting hot seems to be binding, the caliper might be sticking