Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to change brakes on my '05 Jeep Liberty?

Is there a manual or instructions I can obtain on how to change the anti-lock disc brakes on my '05 Jeep Liberty? Where can I get these?How to change brakes on my %26039;05 Jeep Liberty?
%26quot;Anti-lock%26quot; is just the electronic control system. Disc brakes come off pretty simply when you remove one caliper bolt, rotate the caliper off of the disc, pop the pads out of the caliper and pop the new pads in. The tricky part is pushing the caliper (with the new pads) back on because the new pads are (hopefully) thicker than the ones you took off. You may need to squeeze the caliper piston into the caliper with some tool (some people use a c-clamp, I use a pair of channel lock pliers) as you rotate it back onto the disc. Replace the removed caliper bolt and you are done!



If you have more questions, buy a Haynes repair manual since this will also tell you how to perform many other maintenance repairs as well. Its worth the money! (about $25-$30)How to change brakes on my %26039;05 Jeep Liberty?
You can probably get that info online for free at Autozone.



http://www.autozone.com/autozone/myzone/